Work, Train & Play Rugby Programme
What’s your gameplan? Be part of our winning formula by combining your passion for rugby with our unique work and travel package in beautiful New Zealand!
- Mental Skill Development
Work, Train & Play Rugby Programme
Via a special partnership with the Crusaders and global recruitment heavyweight Canstaff, we are joining forces to offer players abroad a brand new opportunity to join our “Work, Train & Play” Rugby Programme in 2017. Up-and-coming players will undertake a 12-week intensive rugby upskilling programme under the tutelage of our world renowned Crusaders coaching staff.
Seize your chance now to maximise your rugby potential!
This unique opportunity to learn from one of the leading Rugby organisations in the world makes this a once in a lifetime experience.
Our Work, Train & Play Rugby Programme is an attractive and affordable option for those who want to combine travel, training, work and pleasure while experiencing the Kiwi culture.
Who can apply?
The ‘Work, Train & Play’ Rugby Programme targets aspiring players who believe they have the ability and motivation to achieve at a higher level. Players 18 years and over who believe they have the necessary qualities and a desire to learn in a High Performance environment should apply now!
A savvy investment for Clubs
This programme offers rugby clubs an opportunity to further develop their players during the Northern Hemisphere’s off-season, while adding value in-season to other parts of the world. Players selected will train under some of rugby’s best coaches in our state-of-the-art facility and will bring back a number of key learnings making this a win-win for players and clubs.
Our comprehensive Work, Train & Play Rugby Programme includes:
- Acceptance into the Crusaders International High Performance Training Programme
- Pre-departure guide which includes a six-week fitness programme to prepare players for their intensive training
- Immigration New Zealand visa requirements
- Comprehensive orientation package through Canstaff; including work placement options, city orientation tour, welcome pack including phone sim card and local resource info pack.
- 12 weeks training programme - full-time 2 weeks, and part-time for 10 weeks.
- Crusaders International Rugby Academy Membership
- Performance Plan including monitoring and progress reporting
- Specialist coaching on attack, defence, breakdown, kicking or set piece, position specific skills sessions
- Strength and conditioning training
- Mental skills seminars and individual assessments
- Nutritional seminars and individual assessments
- Fitness programming and testing
- Unlimited viewing of Crusaders and Canterbury training and games
- Coaching seminars; game and video analysis, defence and attack, game planning and review, video tracking, real live analysis of Crusaders games
- Integration with Canterbury and Crusaders players
- Medical screening and physiotherapist support
- Players will come away with a customised rugby report, certificate and DVD of their New Zealand experience
- Guaranteed work placement
- An opportunity to meet the Crusaders and observe their trainings and games first-hand
- Crusaders apparel
- Social nights
Rugby Club Affiliation
Players will be assigned to an affiliated Rugby Club and play within the Crusaders region.
If you are a player or a club wanting to invest in the future of rugby then travelling, working and attending the Crusaders International High Performance Training programme in New Zealand is a must-do experience - so apply now!